Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Yep, Definitely Haunted

Mornin' y'all!  I did not want to get up and moving this morning but here we are anyway.  I spent just a little time in my craft room yesterday because I just wasn't quite getting good crafty vibes, not sure why? So then I worked on my current stitching project for a while instead, which is a super cute witchy pattern.

So let's see the card that gave me some issues, shall we? 


I had said sometime recently that I wanted to do a haunted house card so here it is.  I had started out with an inspiration challenge but somewhere along the way my card took a left turn so I followed it and after some argument and negotiation this is where we ended up and I didn't think it fit the inspiration challenge anymore.  Believe it or not, that haunted house is stamped with Night of Navy ink and it came out so dark it looks like the black in the patterned paper.

This will be entered at Shopping Our Stash for their Halloween challenge (I am all about the Halloween challenges) and also Retro Rubber for their tic-tac-toe challenge:


I did the diagonal, patterned paper - your choice (masking) - pumpkin.  I punched a 1 3/8" circle and used it as both a mask and a reverse mask to sponge color on my image.  House of Haunts has been in my collection for at least 11 years so it certainly counts as retro.

That's it for me today, peeps.  I'm planning to dig up some more Halloween stamps today and see what I can come up with : )  And maybe watch Muppet Haunted Mansion.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  House of Haunts
Ink:  Night of Navy, Azure Afternoon, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Old Olive, Versamark
Paper:  Azure Afternoon, Thick Basic White, Cast-a-Spell DSP
Accessories:  Deckled Circles dies, Deckled Rectangles dies, clear EP, Dimensionals, Faux Glass Dots

2 comments:

dj said...

Way to go shopping your stash!! What a fun haunted house...and those papers are fantastic! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Halloween" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS532

mamawcindy said...

Great Halloween card, I haven't used House of Haunts stamp set in forever. It's definitely Retro.
Have a great day!
cindys-greencricut