Monday, November 26, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving 2003

Scrappy Monday!  Since I didn't share a Thanksgiving layout last week, and it's still November since Thanksgiving was early this year, here's a layout from 2003, which our first Thanksgiving after hubs and I got married.  We were living in Pensacola at the time, so my parents came out there for a couple days and then we all drove to Alabama to do Thanksgiving dinner at the hubs' aunt and uncle's house along with his cousins and his parents.


If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you'll see that the couch we're all sitting on is PLAID, which definitely directed my choice of patterned paper for this layout ;)  Also, I used a Becky Higgins sketch I never thought I'd use for this layout; I hardly ever crop most of our photos very much anymore, but the way that these ones were taken I was able to cut off substantial sections without losing the subject of the picture at all.  In fact, I think there's only two photos out of the 10 that I didn't crop at all.


Most of the colors are directly out of the Sweater Weather DSP, with the addition of a Mellow Moss page base that seemed to harmonize with the patterns.  The color palette includes Mellow Moss, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Soft Sky, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  All-Year Cheer (I forget which), French Foliage
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss, Soft Sky
Paper:  Mellow Moss, Dusty Durango, Very Vanilla, Sweater Weather DSP
Accessories:  Ovals Collection Framelits

No comments: