Friday, November 16, 2018

Proud Merry

Y'ALL.  I am completely incapable of passing up a good pun!  I was trying to think of a title for this blog post, and since the sentiment on my card is so large I was going to say "Loud & Proud" and then...


PROUD MERRY, Y'ALL.  I'm not even sorry.  And even if no one else thinks it's funny, I'll sit here in my little corner and cackle maniacally to myself because I think I'm hilarious.

So yeah, this started with the Just Add Ink challenge:
 

I think I have that covered.  In fact, the Large Letters Framelits are SO large that this is a 5x7 card to accommodate them.

Add in the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge:


Once again, turned on its side (I rotated the sketch I used for yesterday's card too).  Last up is the Color Throwdown:


I used Real Red, Coastal Cabana, and silver foil for the colors.  It took me a few tries to get a picture of this card (not least because it was rainy all day yesterday so not much natural light), so here's one where the silver foil isn't reflecting the camera flash:


This is the maiden voyage for Signs of Santa, which has lots of other cute little images and such in it, and also Birthday Backgrounds (on the red strip) which I got during the Stampin' Up! birthday sale in October.  The "Christmas" stamp is part of a longer sentiment in Snowflake Sentiments; I just inked up the word I wanted with a marker and stamped it.  I'm kind of in love with this card, it turned out exactly how I imagined it.

Well, I've gotta run.  Cheers and happy Friday, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Signs of Santa, Snowflake Sentiments, Birthday Backgrounds
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Black & Coastal Cabana markers, Stampin' Blends in Real Red, Smoky Slate, and Petal Pink
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Thick Whisper White, Silver Foil
Accessories:  Large Letters Framelits, Santa's Signpost Framelits, Dimensionals

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

So cute and Christmassy!!! I went to the Home Store last night while I was out and about and they have EVERYTHING out. I did not see a peacock tree this year, but they did have one that was rainbow-colored. They also had small ones that were black OR orange. Naw . . . not going to do that. It is larger than I want anyway for Dad's OSU tree. I'm collecting things to eventually make his -- maybe NEXT year. I ought to dedicate ONE year to Christmas crafts.

Making cookies right now for our trip. I hope you have safe travels and don't encounter snow in the mountains. That's why we are coming the southern route for Christmas. Can't wait to see you then!!!

Love you!

Vickie Z said...

Love your Santa and great use of all the challenges!! I laugh to myself often too😀 so happy you joined us at CTD!

Broni said...

So, so cute!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!