Friday, November 2, 2018

Olaf Likes Warm Hugs

Happy Friday, y'all.  Dude, I feel like Ryan has declared war on me this week so I am very, VERY excited that my husband will be here this weekend.  I know Ryan doesn't feel good, and that's why he's been acting abby-normal, but DANG he's been tough on me.  So hallelujah for parental backup.

I know yesterday I was all like yay fall woohoo but today I made a winter card :p


I stamped the Marbled background stamp on the Coastal Cabana panel after inking it up with a sponge.  That made the stamp a lot more subtle, and I like that it kinda gives the impression of a blizzard with not a whole lotta effort and without overwhelming the snowman.  I cut out the snowflakes from Coastal Cabana cardstock and then sponged some ink on them to make them a wee bit darker than the background panel and they don't show up great in the photo but I used three glitter enamel dots on the snowflakes and IRL they look pretty fabulous.  Anyway, my adorable Olaf is from Seasonal Chums, which is this week's stamp set at What Will You Stamp?:


These little dudes are so cute, I was happy to ink one of them up for today's card.  I also used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I used ribbon in place of the gray rectangle, and my ribbon is retired but who's keeping track of that anyway.  That 1/4" taffeta ribbon was my *favorite* and I should use what I've got, right?

Last up is the color palette from Color Throwdown:


I interpreted this as Real Red, Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, and Pumpkin Pie.  Granted I focused more on the first three colors and Pumpkin Pie was relegated to the snowman's carrot nose.  Sometimes it's hard to work in four colors on a card.

Hope you have a great weekend, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Seasonal Chums, Marbled, Sheltering Tree
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Coastal Cabana, Pumpkin Pie, Stampin' Blends in Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, Real Red, and Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake, Shimmery White
Accessories:  Seasonal Tags Thinlits, retired white 1/4" taffeta ribbon, Glitter Enamel Shapes, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Way to rock both the sketch and the throwdown colors in this adorable winter card! I always love snowman images! Thanks for joining us in the throwdown challenge!

Lori said...

This is so cute! Love the subtle swirly background behind your sweet snowman image. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Vickie Z said...

Great use of all of the challenges! Sweet snowman! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Dana Kirby said...

Such a cute card!! I love your snowman!!

WWYS Blog said...

Always love seeing your cards Christy! Thanks so much for joining us this week at WWYS challenge blog!

Chris Smith said...

This is adorable and you carried off all three with pizzazz!

Amy O said...

I love this color combo for Christmas! And your snowman is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!