Thursday, November 29, 2018

Christmas Roses

Mornin', y'all!  I didn't intend to miss posting yesterday, but on Tuesday afternoon I ran out of steam and when the little one went down for a nap, so did I.  But now I'm all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and I have a card to share!


I do love the First Frost stamp set, so of course I had to play along in this week's What Will You Stamp? challenge:


I used the Fab Friday sketch:


And the inspiration picture from Fusion:
As much as I love the Frosted Floral DSP that coordinates with First Frost (and I do), I really wanted to get away from the colors in that, so no Blackberry Bliss or Powder Pink or Tranquil Tide.  But I found that Soft Suede stripey pattern in the DSP and loved it to go with this inspiration picture, and that's how I decided to make my roses red.  They're stamped on Shimmery White cardstock and then I painted Wink of Stella on them so they're extra shimmery.

As my card says, I'm wishing you all the best.  Have a great day!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  First Frost
Ink:  Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow, Real Red
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Shimmery White, Frosted Floral DSP
Accessories:  Lots of Labels Framelits (retired), Frosted Bouquet Framelits, Wink of Stella, Dimensionals

7 comments:

CCsMom said...

Very pretty. I do like the colors!

stampwithamyk said...

Oh, how pretty! I love the clean design and colors that you used. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Heather said...

So beautiful, Christy! Love the shimmer of that paper, and the hint of sparkle you added to those flowers - so rich looking! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

Gorgeous! This card is making me re-think passing up this set! I love all the shimmer and the roses especially really pop! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Nicole said...

Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at WWYS this week :-)

WWYS Blog said...

I love how you made the bright beautiful flower your center point! Thanks for playing along with us this week at WWYS Challenge Blog!

Karren said...

Beautiful card! Those flowers are stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.