Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Purple Snowflakes

Well, I had to dust off everything in my craft room yesterday after being gone all last week ;) But I got a card made to share today!


After much stalking of the local Target and their website, I managed to pick up some of the 12 Days of Socks packs for my friend Sarah, which I am sending to her as an early Hanukkah present (she got two types of Harry Potter socks and Disney Princess socks, but the name on the Disney Princess socks is misleading since six of the 12 pairs are actually villains, not that I am complaining).  I only have maybe one or two Hanukkah stamp sets and I get tired of using the same ones for Sarah instead I elected to do snowflakes.  Plus it was a great excuse to bust out the Snow Is Glistening set that's a special for November only.  It's most awesome.

Today's sketch is courtesy of Global Design Project:


And I was inspired by the Just Add Ink inspiration photo:


I did a bit of an ombre effect on the Balmy Blue snowflakes by stamping off for lighter layers, which reminded me of the picture.


As we were driving through the mountains last week, we came across an area that had freezing fog roll through--all of the trees were covered in a fine layer of frost and ice, and everything was a soft delicate shade of purple.  I wish the picture showed how pretty it was, but hey, I was taking pictures from the passenger side of a truck going 55 mph down the highway, so this is what I got.  It was gorgeous in person, though.

That's it for me today!  Yesterday was our first day back at the gym and man, am I feeling it today.  Oyyyy.  Well, gotta get moving to work all the stiffness out of my muscles!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Snow is Glistening
Ink:  Balmy Blue, Highland Heather, Craft Whisper White
Paper:  Balmy Blue, Highland Heather, Shimmery White, watercolor paper
Accessories:  Snowfall Thinlits, 1 1/4" circle punch, Dimensionals, retired glitter epoxy shape

2 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

So soft and pretty Christy! I love the pastel tones. Thanks for sharing at Just Add ink.

Brian King said...

Beautiful card, Christy! I love this mix of Balmy Blue and Heather Highland. So soft, so sweet.