Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Birthday Poppy Stars

Mornin', y'all!  Okay wow, what a difference a week makes--last week my kiddo wasn't feeling good and he was REALLY tough to handle, especially since I'm solo parent ops right now.  But the hubs was here over the weekend, and kiddo is feeling much better, and he's been SO happy and easy to get along with!  Which makes me one very happy mama.

Sooooo I kinda slid right past everyone's birthdays in October, but I'm hoping to do a little better in November, so I made this for my brother:


I started out with the challenge from As You See It:


I made my card in 9 minutes, 32 seconds, and my two shades of red are Poppy Parade and Cherry Cobbler.  Although I think I'm *always* doing a speed stamping challenge since I'm always trying to finish things before Ryan wakes up from his nap!

I'm also entering this over at Global Design Project:


In the spirit of this challenge, I dusted off the very first stamp set I ever bought, Stars & Swirls, and used it for the background on my card.  Then I chose my favorite ever happy birthday stamp from Perfectly Penned for the main element on my card.  And I pulled out some old favorite Framelits to set everything off.  It's fun to dust off the retired stamps periodically.  Now I just need to get this card mailed off today...

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Stars & Swirls, Perfectly Penned
Ink:  Poppy Parade, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Cherry Cobbler, Thick Whisper White, Poppy Parade DSP
Accessories:  Lots of Labels Framelits, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Lovely, Christy! The two shades of red work well. I like the clean lines of the card and the red-on-red stamping adds subtle detail. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It again this week.

LeAnne said...

Awesome card! Love the background you created and your clean and simple sentiment is perfect for our challenge! Thanks for playing!

Heather Cooper said...

Great job on the background, Christy! I think I had that stamp set at one point! I love the shades of red that you chose to use and that Happy Birthday is so elegant! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges.