Monday, November 5, 2018

WWYS Guest Designer

Good morning stampy friends!  Normally I do Scrappy Mondays, but today that's been preempted by a guest designer gig :D


My Celestina Warbeck card won the challenge for using Cauldron Bubble, and I was very excited about that, and then even MORE excited when I found out that I actually have the stamp set to be a guest designer for today's What Will You Stamp? challenge!


Country Home is a beautiful stamp set and looks like something Joanna Gaines would design if she did rubber stamps instead of houses.  I really like the coordinating Country Lane DSP as well, so I decided to use them together.


I had the idea for the pitcher and flowers and when I sat down to make it I couldn't decide between stamping tone-on-tone (left), or coloring in the image (right), so I made both.  It's a little hard to tell because of how the cards are tilted in the photo, but the main image panel is tilted to the left a little bit and the sentiment strip is square with the edge of the card.  I used vellum for the sentiment strip on the left card just because I didn't want to cover up the pitcher.  I used Mint Macaron cardstock on the right one because I used the other container and it didn't bother me to have part of it covered up on that one.  What's funny is the designer paper I used is the same piece--the Blackberry Bliss pattern is the back side of the cotton pattern.

Go check out more lovely projects at the What Will You Stamp? blog and I hope you'll join along in the challenge!

Supplies, left card:
Stamps:  Country Home
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Blackberry Bliss
Paper:  Crushed Curry, So Saffron, vellum, Country Lane DSP
Accessories:  staples, clear EP

Supplies, right card:
Stamps:  Country Home
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Blackberry Bliss, Mint Macaron, Crushed Curry, Gray Granite
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Mint Macaron, Very Vanilla, Country Lane DSP
Accessories: chalk marker

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Wow, I LOVE the cotton bolls background paper. That is amazing!!! Very nice cards and I love the fall colors. Cotton always makes me think of Mimi. She picked cotton in her day and HATED it because those things are SHARP and cut up her hands. There's lots of cotton (at least there WAS) around Woodville.

Beautiful cards, Kik.