Thursday, November 15, 2018

Stay Frosty, Kids

Hey!  Didja miss me yesterday?  I admit, on Tuesday afternoon I kinda had a headache and I sat in my craft room and just stared at my stamps for about 20 minutes before I gave it up as a bad job and took a nap instead.  Hence no post yesterday.  But I got back in the saddle yesterday and made this...


Which I'm not, like, super thrilled with, partially because I couldn't get the straight line stamps above and below the word to actually lie STRAIGHT no matter what I did.  I don't know, I feel like my mojo has taken an early vacation?  The rest of me is going on vacation next week but apparently the mojo went early.  The stamps are in the set Warm Hearted, which is a hostess-only set and I got it just because I love the font on this thanks stamp.  Isn't it pretty?

Anyway, I started with Freshly Made Sketches:


I rotated the sketch 90 degrees, and then paired it with the colors from Fab Friday:

I love these colors together, and I love that they're in a couple of different DSP packs.  Today I used the Frosted Floral DSP that has that lovely shimmer to it.

And that's all she wrote today.  In a little bit Ryan and I will be off to the Y so he can play in the nursery and I can take a piyo class.  The instructor is pregnant (not hugely, but still) and she can absolutely run circles around me, but I enjoy the class.  I told my mom it's like cardio yoga on steroids.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Warm Hearted
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Mint Macaron, Cajun Craze
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Cajun Craze, Shimmery White, Frosted Floral DSP
Accessories:  rhinestone, Dimensionals

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

LOVE the colors!!! And the card is beautiful. Great job, Kik.

Heather said...

I think this is lovely - I love the style of the sentiments in this set - and you've set them off perfectly in our colors! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Jen Timko said...

Love this take on the sketch! Perfect with that sentiment. Wonderful use of the colors too. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!