Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Mermaid Wishes

Hey y'all!  Hope your week is off to a good start.  I ran yesterday for the first time in about a month and man, I'm feeling it.  But Ryan took a nice long nap yesterday, so I got some work done on a couple of scrapbook layouts and made a card for a friend's upcoming birthday!


It was already getting dark outside by the time I took the picture of this, so the color is a bit off in the picture.  And of course you can't see the sparkle on her tail at all, I painted the whole tail with Wink of Stella and it looks really pretty and sparkly IRL.

I started with the Global Design Project challenge:


I chose to CASE the layout.  I don't have a large stitched square die, but I managed to make a square with my rectangle dies and I'm pretty proud of it.  I ran it through like normal the first time, then rotated my die-cut paper 90 degrees and lined it up with one of the long sides on the rectangle.  Then I ran it through again, only going far enough to snip the one side hanging out of the die, if that makes sense.  Instant square.

My colors are courtesy of Just Add Ink:


When I sat down to make a card, I had been planning to do something with a woodsy scene, but then I saw Magical Mermaid and this color challenge popped into my brain and I had to make a mermaid card instead.  As it happens, I used many muy multiple coloring methods on this:  sponging, watercoloring, Stampin' Blends, and regular markers.


Here's my other photo of the card, without the flash this time.  Still can't see the sparkle, but you can tell the mermaid is popped up on Dimensionals ;)

Have a magical mermaidy day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Magical Mermaid
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Pear Pizzazz, Coastal Cabana, Close to Cocoa, Petal Pink Blends
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangle Dies, Dimensionals, Glitter Enamel Dots

No comments: