Tuesday, October 29, 2019

SUO Challenges: Tuesday Twosome

Mornin' stampy friends!  It is time once again for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!



This time around, we're asking you to use your favorite holiday catalog product(s) or bundle.  Well, there's a lot of things I love in the holiday catalog, but as I am still resisting the urge to make anything Christmas or winter related, that narrowed down my choices a bit, and finally I decided my favorite product in the fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving part of the catalog is...the Ornate Frames Dies.


They're designed to go with the Spooktacular Bash stamp set, but that doesn't mean they aren't great for all kinds of other things.  Still, for my first card, I did use Spooktacular Bash and the super-fun Monster Bash DSP:


And I somehow resisted the urge to add a bunch of Granny Apple Green to a Monster Bash card ;) I can't help it, I love that bright green with the more muted tones in this DSP.  Anyway, my lil vampire there hadn't been inked up yet so this was a good chance to do that as well.

But, to show you that the Ornate Frames aren't just for vampires, here's a card featuring more awesome fall products:


I love the nontraditional colors in the Come to Gather DSP, and I used the coordinating Gather Together stamp set and Gathered Leaves dies.  Love the texture on those leaves!  And this time the ornate frame goes around the sentiment.  My dad will be having some surgery in the next couple of months, so I think this will be a thinking of you/get well card for him.

So there's my two cards for this challenge!  I have some other Christmas favorites too but none of them have gotten inked up yet ;) Plus I have a box due to arrive later today with more Christmas stuff, so I imagine it will start creeping into my stamping after November gets here.  So it's your turn!  Make a card with your favorite product from the holiday catalog, and I'll ooh and ahh over it even if I'm not ready to start making Christmas stuff myself ;)

Cheers!

Supplies for the first card, all SU!

Stamps:  Spooktacular Bash, Little Twinkle
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Terracotta Tile, Crushed Curry, Soft Sued
Paper:  Terracotta Tile, Basic Black, Thick Very Vanilla, Monster Bash DSP
Accessories:  Ornate Frames Dies, Dimensionals

Supplies for the second card, all SU!
Stamps:  Gather Together
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Pretty Peacock, Early Espresso, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Ornate Frames Dies, Gathered Leaves Dies, Mini Dimensionals

1 comment:

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

I love these cards that you made and how you incorporated the frames. Great design and color choices!