Friday, October 25, 2019

Friday Double Feature

Happy Friday y'all!  As it happens, I have two cards to share today.  Here's the first one:


I liked the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch:


And I paired that with the colors from Color Throwdown:


I used Pumpkin Pie, Gray Granite, and Very Vanilla for my colors, but I didn't want the orange to be overpowering so when I watercolored the pumpkins, I did a wash of Gray Granite first and then just added a tiny bit of Pumpkin Pie.  I usually don't go much for cards with such a muted color palette, so my brain rebelled and I had to make another card:


Okay, so the card base is still neutral, but I used Gorgeous Grape, Pumpkin Pie, and Granny Apple Green to up the fun factor.  I love those colors together for Halloween!  Also I think this sentiment is large and in charge enough to count for the Paper Players challenge:


When Ryan goes down for his nap this afternoon, I'm hoping to do some work on his baby book. I've only got a few pages left and then I'll be done with it!

Have a great weekend, y'all!

Supplies for the first card, all SU!
Stamps:  Gather Together
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Gray Granite, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede
Paper:  Gray Granite, Thick Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles Dies, Dimensionals

Supplies for the second card, all SU!
Stamps:  Wonderfully Wicked
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Gorgeous Grape, Pumpkin Pie, craft Whisper White
Paper:  Basic Black, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles Dies, Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two great cards Christy but I especially love the second one - the colours appeal to me too and that layout, with perfectly positioned sentiment, cat and dots is just perfect to make a CAS statement. Good luck with finishing the baby album! Thanks for playing along with our 'Say it Loud' CAS challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Windy Ellard said...

Love those bats in the background and the fun colors you choose! Great card and thanks for playing along with the challenge this week over at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

These are both awesome! I love that primitive pumpkin photo and your card fits it perfectly, along with that "challenging" (to me, anyway) sketch! Your Paper Players card is FUN! So happy you shared it with us this week!

Lisa H. said...

beautiful cards. I love the CAS design. great use of the colors for the CTD. thanks for joining.

Tanya said...

I absolutely love both of these! I like the repeated sentiment on the first card- so great!

Vickie Z said...

Fun cards! Great use of the challenges! So happy you joined us at CTD!