Thursday, June 25, 2020

Coffee Talk

Ugh, yesterday was NOT a good day, but I'm hoping that today will be better.  I did manage to make a card yesterday though, and I inked up two more brand-new stamp sets!


The mug is from the set Nothing's Better Than and HOW did I make my first card with COFFEE CUPS and not the CHOCOLATE or the COOKIES?!  I don't even DRINK coffee!  But I thought they worked best with the color challenge I wanted to use.  I got Ornate Thanks on my first big catalog order as well; I didn't get the dies for it because I didn't think I would use them, but I love the font styles on the sentiments in the stamp set.

So three challenges for today!  Let's start with the Global Design Project sketch:


This was fun, I just stamped the mugs randomly on the card front until I liked it and thought I had enough of them.  Next up is the Hand Stamped Sentiments color challenge:


It's hard to tell the difference between Pool Party and Mint Macaron on my card, but I promise I used both.  The solid stamp on the mugs is Pool Party (with some Wink of Stella because I love it), and the steam is Pool Party stamped off once; the cardstock strip for the sentiment is Pool Party.  The little star accents are Mint Macaron.

Finally, here's the Paper Players theme challenge:


This gave me the excuse to ink up Ornate Thanks for the sentiment, and I still had lots of white space to keep this card CAS.  I do have lots of friends who drink coffee (and think that me and my hubs are weirdos because we don't) so I'm sure I'll have a use for this card soon.

Hope your day goes well, kids.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Nothing's Better Than, Ornate Thanks
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Mint Macaron, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay DSP
Accessories:  Wink of Stella, Mini Dimensionals

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

I was on the fence about this stamp set, but after seeing your card, I LOVE it! I DO love coffee, but rarely use coffee-related stamps, but the retro vibe that this set has makes me want to get it right now! AND have a cup of coffee! I predict a winner with this sketch, too, it's perfect! AND so happy you shared it with us at the Players too!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this stamp set - my first card was with a cocktail (read into that what you will Christie!!) I love your little tumble of coffee cups - a perfect thank you! Thanks for playing along with my CAS Thanks challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Love it! What a fun set for a coffee drinker. Or...apparently!...a NON-coffee drinker! LOL! great way to combine the challenges and your card works perfectly for all of them! Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at The Paper Players! :)

Creations in paper said...

Very cute! Love those little coffee cups. Great clean and simple card. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Robbie