Tuesday, June 23, 2020

SUO Challenges: Summer

Good mornin' y'all and welcome to Tuesday!  I had a very productive day in my craft room yesterday so that makes me happy :)  Another reason to be happy--it's time for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


This time it's a theme challenge--we want you to make a SUMMER card!  For some reason, summer is the hardest season for me to translate into a card.  For fall, you've got all the glorious fall leaves and pumpkins and stuff.  Winter means snowflakes and holiday stuff.  Spring means baby animals and pastel flowers.  But what about summer?  Well, here's what I made.


I got Silhouette Scenes *months* ago and this is the first time I've used it at all, along with the coordinating Sweet Silhouettes dies.  My original plan was to brayer or sponge a colorful background for the little girl, but that May Paper Pumpkin kit is still on my craft table and I thought that rainbow piece was perfect.  To a Wild Rose was also still on my table from one of my cards last week, so that's where the "hello" came from (what can I say, sometimes I'm lazy!).

Share your Stampin' Up! only summertime creation on the SUO Challenges blog.  Cheers, y'all!  Wish the playgrounds were open, a swing sounds like fun about now...

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Silhouette Scenes, To a Wild Rose
Ink:  Versamark, Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Shaded Spruce, Thick Whisper White, May Paper Pumpkin kit
Accessories:  Sweet Silhouettes dies, Ornate Frames dies, black EP, Dimensionals, In Color Enamel Dots

1 comment:

CraftyHunnypots said...

Love the vibrancy of the rainbow paper looks beautiful really makes the silhouette pop thanks for sharing such a clever idea x