Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Have a Rainbow Day

Mornin' y'all!  How's your week going so far?

When I was little, my mom decorated my room with rainbows.  I still have the rainbow afghan she made for me.  So when I got the Paper Pumpkin kit with rainbows in it, I had to bust it open.  Usually I get the Paper Pumpkin kits and forget about them (oops).  The projects are cute, but for today's card I took parts and pieces from the kit and made this:


Helloooooo In Colors!  That's Just Jade on the left, and Magenta Madness on the right.  The jade piece was from the kit and the magenta is the new In Color DSP.  The clouds are lightly sponged with Misty Moonlight (there was an ink spot in the kit) and the sentiment and accent were in the kit as well.  I needed smaller clouds though so I used some retired dies for those.

I got my layout idea from the Global Design Project challenge:

And I had to bust out that Paper Pumpkin kit because of the Paper Players challenge:


I really ought to use those Paper Pumpkin kits more often :)  Check ya later, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  My Paper Pumpkin May 2020 kit
Ink:  Misty Moonlight
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, In Color DSP, paper & accents from the kit
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Umbrella Weather dies

3 comments:

laurie said...

Love it! Your rain bow is so cute. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players this week!

Jaydee said...

Christy, I love how you pulled the green, magenta and yellow from the rainbow to the base of your card - it brings such a wonderful unity to the card. I also love the color blocking on the base. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a happy card! Love how you used the sketch inspiration, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!