Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Guest Designer: CAS Colours & Sketches Color Challenge

Happy Tuesday y'all!  I'm very excited to report that I am the guest designer at CAS Colours & Sketches for the month of April!  It's always a surprise to me when I get offered a guest designer gig :)  Check out these colors:


I have to say, this was definitely a challenge for me!  It took me over an hour trying different things in my stamp room before I finally came up with something I thought might work, and here it is:


Okay, pink and green together is a totally classic combination, that's not what gave me trouble.  I couldn't wrap my brain around using Soft Succulent and Garden Green together :p In the end, I decided to stamp the outline of my flowers and the sentiment in Garden Green (it might look black in the photo, I promise it's Garden Green ink), and then I colored in the image with Blends.  This worked much better than the several earlier attempts that ended up in the trash can, and I was happy to play with Hydrangea Haven.

I hope you'll make your own CAS creation and share it on the CAS Colours & Sketches blog.  I'm sure you'll have lots of ideas for these colors!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hydrangea Haven
Ink:  Garden Green, Stampin' Blends in Soft Succulent & Polished Pink
Paper:  Soft Succulent, Thick Basic White, Polished Pink DSP
Accessories:  Hydrangea dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

I am glad you persevered, this is lovely!