Sunday, April 3, 2022

Paper Players: Just for Giggles

Mornin' y'all and happy Sunday!  Did you get through April Fools Day unscathed?  Overnight on Friday, the weather here in southern Germany decided to play a prank on us--we woke up yesterday morning to SNOW.  It snowed heavily all day, but by noon the temperature had warmed up enough that it was melting as soon as it hit the ground, and everything that had accumulated overnight melted too.  Looks like a beautiful sunny day today but we'll see ;)

We've got a new challenge at the Paper Players!


As soon as I saw this one, I knew I had the perfect stamps for it (love it when that happens).  I bought the set Sassy Pants Best Friends from My Favorite Things *mumbledy mumbledy* years ago and this was the perfect opportunity to break it out!


I just had to make two cards and would have made more if I'd had the time, there are some excellent funny sentiments in this set.  I decided to raid my scraps for these and went way back for the Fresh Prints DSP stack from years ago--I still have tons of scraps (and let's be honest, a completely pristine pad of it because I couldn't stand the thought of running out) so I just picked through the long skinny pieces until I found some mixes that I liked.  Might have chopped off a bit if they were longer than four inches, but other than that I didn't do any trimming, and I stuck them down at angles and didn't worry too much about exact placement as these cards are meant to have a playful vibe.  Heat embossed my sentiments with white EP and cut them out with the Stitched Rectangles dies and voila!  Two funny cards in a very short amount of time.

Your turn to have some fun!  Upload your funny card creations at the Paper Players blog so we can all giggle together.  Enjoy!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Sassy Pants Best Friends from My Favorite Things
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Fresh Prints (of Bel Air) DSP Stack
Accessories:  White EP, Stitched Rectangles dies, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy I love both of these - awesome funny sentiments!! Just the kind of card to raise a smile with your BFF. Oh and I'm loving the throwback to that paper too (I might also have at least 1+ packs in my DSP collection ... oops!)

Ann Schach said...

What fun cards, Christy! The strips of various lengths adhered at angles add to the fun factor of these cards. However, it's those sassy, sassy sentiments that steal the show. I truly laughed out loud when I saw these cards. Thank you for rocking my challenge. Have a wonderful week!

Jennie Maier said...

These two are too cute and funny Christy! Perfect for this week's challenge. Love the bright colors too! Have a great week!

LeAnne said...

Oh, seeing those papers makes me smile! I loved them and how fun to use them like this...a great way to use up scraps! And those sentiments definitely are fun, especially embossed on red like this! Great job!

Cindy Beach said...

I'm with LeAnne, just seeing the papers made me smile! The sentiments are hilarious, great cards!! Christy, I didn't know you live in Germany! Can you PM me where? Our family spent 6 years there.

laurie said...

Love this..what a fun set of cards! Cute sentiment!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love the mix of patterns and this color combo! Such happy cards!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Super cute cards, Christy! I love the fabulous pop of pattern and color in that awesome DSP too.

Jaydee said...

Great sentiments, Christy! I love the white on red for the sentiments and what awesome DSP!
hugs
jaydee