Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Guest Designer: CC&S Triple Sentiment

Hey y'all, second post for me today and it's my last card as a Guest Designer for CAS Colours & Sketches.  I've had so much fun this month, thank you for this opportunity!  Today's challenge is a sketch:


Fun, right?  I thought about it for a while and had lots of ideas (just wish I had time to try them all!) and I made this:


Believe it or not, this is the first time I've used any of the New Horizons DSP from the Occasions catalog that everyone else is so crazy about.  I do like it, I just hadn't gotten around to using any of it before now!  I decided I wanted some subtle color variation on the three rectangles for the sentiments, so I chose a pretty Pale Papaya pattern.  The "thank you" is stamped in Evening Evergreen (I think my ink pad needs a refresh) and I cut out a floral spray from the Honeybee Blooms dies also in Evening Evergreen.  My card base is the retired color Pistachio Pudding. 

Dear SU!,
Please replace Soft Sea Foam with Pistachio Pudding in the permanent color lineup. 
Sincerely, Me. 

I think Soft Sea Foam is just too close to nothing for a color--if my stamps aren't super squeaky clean and I ink up with Soft Sea Foam, it comes out looking like Dirty Dishwater.  Not appealing.  Pistachio Pudding, on the other hand, is only like one shade darker and it's so much prettier.

Anyway, enough chatter about color woes.  I hope you'll mosey on over to the CAS Colours & Sketches blog and play along with the challenge.  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Happy & Heartfelt
Ink:  Evening Evergreen
Paper:  Pistachio Pudding, Evening Evergreen, New Horizons DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Honeybee Blooms dies

3 comments:

Bhavya Raghavendra said...

Beautiful card Christy! Loved to have you here at CC&S as this months Guest Designer. Hugs Bhavya

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this Christie - great subtle use of that paper and the silhouette diecut compliments beautifully. Thanks for being a fab guest designer at CC&S this month!

Michal said...

Wonderful card! I love the contrast between the soft pastels and the black die cut! Such great idea! It was great having you with us this month! :)