Tuesday, October 3, 2023

I'm Leaving

Just kidding, I'm just punny because today's card is all about leaves : )


This is a triple challenge card, too.  First up is the Just Add Ink sketch:


I rotated the sketch 90 degrees to the left, I couldn't find a placement for my leaves with the vertical orientation.  Next up is the tic-tac-toe from Retro Rubber:


I went down the right side of the board with masculine, leaves, and die cuts.  At first I had the ribbon tied in a bow, but I changed it to a simple knot because I thought that felt a teensy bit more masculine.  Is that silly or what?  But that taffeta ribbon was the only thing I had that matched the colors of the card.  My stamp set, Love of Leaves, is 3 years old, and the colors are retro too.  I chose colors based on the Sunday Stamps color challenge:


I used More Mustard, Riding Hood Red, and Buckaroo Blue for my colors, all of which are long retired.  I even busted out a retro stamping technique for the card base, I scrunched up a piece of plastic wrap, tapped it on my ink pad, and stamped it on the card base.  That technique was A Thing when I first started stamping circa 2004-2005, and the inspo pic for this challenge is what made me think of it.  Super easy way to make a nice subtle background when plain cardstock is too plain and patterned paper is too busy.

Okay, I've got to go work on organizing stuff again.  I actually got a lot of progress made upstairs yesterday and I have a truly ridiculous number of empty scrapbook albums in one closet and a whole lot of completed scrapbook pages in another.  One of these days I'll have to get those together : p  Today I'm going to be packing up our old sets of dishes to get them ready to donate since I got all-new Fiestaware dishes this year.  Wheeee!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Love of Leaves
Ink:  Buckaroo Blue, More Mustard, Riding Hood Red
Paper:  Buckaroo Blue, Thick Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Stitched Leaves dies, Stitched Rectangles dies, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, Dimensionals
Accessories:  Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon,

4 comments:

Tanya said...

The card is absolutely gorgeous! I looved Buckaroo Blue!
I love filling albums so that particular task sounds like a ton of fun to me. Good luck with it all!!

Heather said...

Now THAT'S retro, lol! I just came across a stash of SU!'s old techniques booklets - it so takes me back! These leaves are still my favorite, and I love your gorgeous design! I always do knots instead of bows for guy cards, too, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber AND Sunday Stamps!

dj said...

Beautiful!! I have always regretted not getting this set with the matching dies...your card reminded me of that epic fall once again!! Thanks for playing along with our "Autumn's Whisper" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! You rocked our color palette with this Love of Leaves set!! -Deb Horst, DT #SSC319

Annette Elliott said...

What a fantastic fall card and you rocked 3 challenges...yah! Thanks so much for playing along at Sunday Stamps! :)