Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Rainy Day Rabbit

Mornin' y'all!  I got up early this morning and did my workout and got in the shower and everything before it was even time to get Ryan up for school.  I was feeling pretty proud of getting up and getting to it so early and then...Ryan threw up.  So he's staying home from school today and there went all my plans to be productive.  Ah well, we can catch up on couch time and watching Lilo & Stitch.

So we've had a couple of rainy days this week and that definitely influenced my stamp choice for today's card:


In fact, as I was driving Ryan to and from taekwondo class yesterday, we hit a few extra-large puddles in the car and Ryan positively screeched with delight when the water splashed up.  So this card is for him!  The rainy day sentiment from Playing in the Rain wouldn't quite fit in my card design, but I found this itty-bitty sentiment that seemed just right in the Hello Ladybug set.  It's a good day!

Check out the Paper Players sketch:


And I paired that with the Global Design Project colors:

I added a bit of Crumb Cake to color in the bunny's fur, but other than that I stuck strictly to the challenge colors.  And I finally used the umbrella stamp for the background layer : )

Well, I've got a kiddo to cuddle.  Cheers, y'all!  And stay healthy.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Playing in the Rain, Hello Ladybug
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Pretty Peacock, Stampin' Blends in Crumb Cake, Petal Pink, Lost Lagoon, Pretty Peacock
Paper:  Petal Pink, Pretty Peacock, Thick Basic White, Inked Botanicals DSP Stack
Accessories:  Nested Essentials dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Tinsel Gems 3-Pack

3 comments:

Jaydee said...

Any day where you can create fond memories with your kids is definitely a good day! I love the story behind the inspiration for your card. The brollies in the background are a fabulous touch. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week, Christie.
Jaydee

Tarabeth Stamps said...

This card is too cute! I love the stamped background! Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge.

Ann Schach said...

Your card is adorable, Christy. I'm sure it will help to brighten Ryan's day. You have colored the little bunny perfectly, and I adore the umbrella background paper you stamped. The rounded corners are a wonderful design element. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!