Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Tiffany Aching

Mornin', y'all!  Yesterday was the only day this week that we don't have much going on, just Ryan's taekwondo practice.  Monday we drove down to Baylor University with my parents and showed Ryan where both me and the hubs went to college and where we met (Ryan was unimpressed), and today we're going to Dinosaur World in Glen Rose.  As soon as I write up this post and go pack a lunch, anyway.

Meet Tiffany Aching.


Actually I think Tiffany would be more likely to have a sheep with her ; ) This year I've been reading through Sir Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels (highly recommend, they are like the most British thing ever and one caused me to burst into laughter in an airport), and one of the characters is the young witch Tiffany Aching.  Tiffany wears the black pointy hat, but she prefers to wear a green dress instead of witchy black and says that "I shall wear midnight when I am old!"  Hmm, I'm looking at the picture of my card and I think I should have used a different color for her skin, she looks a bit ghostly here.

Anyway, Tiffany may be a young witch, but she is up to the challenges.  Five challenges, even.  Let's start with Retro Rubber:


Tiffany and her friends are from the stamp set Cauldron Bubble, which I got in 2018 so it's five years retro.  Next up is the Paper Players color challenge:


Those colors are all in the Cutest Halloween DSP Stack from a few years ago, so I busted it out and then...chose two patterns that are black and white only.  I'll talk more about that in a minute, for now let's check out the Inspire. Create. challenge:


I think Halloween and fall cards are my favorite to make out of everything.  Next up is the Global Design Project:


Pretty sure I've got some patterns happening on my card.  Plaid, polka dots, candies, words, even stripes on her tights.  I just kept piling on more patterns to follow the latest Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch:


I may have another go at that sketch, I like it but I think my card ended up being on the busy side.

Speaking of being on the busy side, I'd better go pack us a picnic lunch so we can get on the road.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  Cauldron Bubble
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Petal Pink, Pecan Pie, Highland Heather, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Thick Basic White, Cutest Halloween DSP Stack, Old Olive & Highland Heather DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Cauldron dies, Mini Dimensionals

9 comments:

Heather said...

So fun, Christy - I remember this set! So awesome that you see a book character when you stamp her up, too - I'll have to go look for those! Very playful design! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Suzanne said...

Christy, I absolutely love it. You used some of my favorite DSP. Thanks for taking part in the Inspire,Create.Challenge. Hope to see you here again!

LeAnne said...

Cute card, and sounds like an interesting book series to read as well! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players colors this week!

Polly said...

What a fun Halloween card! Love the papers and cute images! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great card Christy - the witch and her companions are just perfect for this week's colours. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Melanie R said...

So cute, Christy! I love the papers you selected to accomplish the sketch and your happy witch with the cute cat and toad are such fun. Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday Challenge #628. -- Melanie R.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card.

lichazul said...

Beautiful card, congrats 💐☺️ happy day

Claire Grantham said...

I don't think it is busy at all. Love the mix of Halloween papers and the bright colours. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT