Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Mountain Adventure

Mornin' y'all!  And happy new catalog day!  I need to fine-tune my order today...I didn't preorder anything, I've been waiting for today, so that will definitely be happening once I get Ryan off to school.  In the meantime, for today's card I finally busted open The Best Destination kit that I bought quite some time ago ; )


The mountain scene is cut from one of the triple-panel cards in the kit; I stamped a greeting from the kit's stamp set (which was the whole reason I bought the kit, I liked the stamps) on a label die cut from the kit.  Then I added a piece of Enjoy the Journey DSP for the background panel, which also has mountains on it.  Check out the sketch from Hand-Stamped Sentiments:


And the fun new challenge from Festive Friday:


I used pink, metallic elements, and mountains for my card.  It was the "mountains" part that led me first to the Enjoy the Journey DSP, and then I remembered that kit that was languishing on my stamp shelves and then the card came together pretty quickly.  The tag from the kit has a gold border, so I added a few more gold accents to match it.

Okay, time for me to take the kiddo to school and then I can work on that big fat SU! order.  Just don't tell my hubs on me ; )  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  The Best Destination kit
Ink:  Starry Sky
Paper:  Flirty Flamingo, gold foil, Enjoy the Journey DSP, elements from The Best Destination kit
Accessories:  gold baker's twine, gold metallic dot, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Fantastic paper, that is a wonderful little mountain scene! Thanks for sharing with us at Festive Friday!

Heather said...

Beautiful, Christy! I need to break into the kit, too, thanks for the head's up how awesome it goes with my favorite DSP of all time, lol. Happy new catty day - make good choices! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Jaydee said...

Great use of the kit, Christy. You have created such a wonderful scene. So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
Jaydee

Stampin Expressions said...

I love that you used a kit and such a clever way! You did an amazing job incorporating the sketch! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

This is a delightful card, Christy. I can see myself in the hills of faraway village starting anew adventure. Thanks for sharing this card with us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT.