Friday, July 6, 2018

Because I'm Punny

Happy Friday, y'all!  That holiday smack in the middle of the week threw me off.  I spent half of yesterday feeling like it was Monday again!  But today really is Friday and I have the fifth card in a row with a white card base.


And a pun.  No matter what my husband tells you, puns are FUNNY.

First up, I used the colors from this week's Color Throwdown:


Which means Night of Navy, Petal Pink (I'm somewhat obsessed with it right now TBH), gold and white.  I paired that with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I made mine a standard A2 card instead of square, and I'm counting the gold die cut flower as the layer behind the sentiment.  And for a nice surprise, my butterfly card from Monday was chosen as one of the winners for last week's sketch!  Yay!

Okay, my kiddo is making noises so it's time to get him up and feed us both breakfast.  Cheerios, peeps!  (because I'm punny again!)

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sheet Music, Labeler Alphabet, Brushwork Alphabet, Touches of Texture
Ink:  Petal Pink, Night of Navy
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Petal Pink, Night of Navy, gold foil
Accessories:  Eclectic Layers Thinlits, metallic sequins, Tailored Tag punch, Dimensionals

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

YESSSS! I LIKE that card. So neat!!! I've been getting posts from a place that has "note-worthy" music shirts and stuff that have piqued my interest, so this card falls right into that thought. I do need to break out that flute and give it a try soon!!!

I did put up the plaque on an easel in the entryway -- because yes, it is a welcome sign. It will either stay there or on the buffet in the dining room. SO CUTE. I LOVE it!!!

Hope you have a wonderful Friday. I am ready for a quiet weekend so I can get caught up at home. LOVE YOU!

Wanda Cullen said...

Awesome take on the throwdown colors! Love the musical background you created! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge this week!

Tanya said...

haha! You crack me up. I LOVE this card! I did not know what to do with that sketch, but your take is beautiful! Nice work!

Kim S said...

This is lovely! What a fabulous mix of colors and patterns. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the sketch and colors! Pun works! So happy you joined us at CTD!