Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Fastest Watercolor in the West

Mornin', y'all!  How's your fine Tuesday going?  I'm hoping that today will be slightly less soggy than yesterday.  I got poured on twice and did swim lessons with the kid, so lots of water.

And also I watercolored for today's card!  Lookie:


This is a QUADRUPLE challenge card too.  First up is the photo inspiration from Just Us Girls:


That's why I chose the flower from Beautiful Day, and I used the colors Grapefruit Grove, watered-down Granny Apple Green, and a little bit of Poppy Parade and Shaded Spruce.

Next up is the Sunday Stamps sketch:


And just to make things interesting, the Inkspirational speed stamping challenge:


Believe it or not, I made this card in 9 minutes and 54 seconds, including cutting the cardstock and doing the embossing and watercoloring.  I had all my supplies picked out and out on my table when I started so I could stamp like the wind.  I intentionally did a very, very fast watercolor on the stamped image (I inked up the stamp with Versamark, then Grapefruit Grove, stamped, and then heat embossed so it wouldn't run when I watercolored) and didn't worry about trying to make it look perfect, and I actually like this style because it feels more organic and spontaneous.  And I always feel like I'm under a time crunch because who KNOWS when my son is going to wake up from a nap.

Finally, the As You See It challenge was easy peasy:


I am TOTALLY obsessed with the Tropical Escape DSP.  It was the #1 thing I wanted when I first got to see the new SU! catalog (is it new still if it's been out for two months?).  I wish this paper was 12x12 because I would use it on ALL THE THINGS in my scrapbooks.  And I love the coordinating Tropical Chic stamp set too, which is where my greeting is from.

Hope you have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Beautiful Day, Tropical Chic
Ink:  Grapefruit Grove, Poppy Parade, Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce, Versamark
Paper:  Grapefruit Grove, Poppy Parade, Shaded Spruce, Thick Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP
Accessories:  Clear EP, Dimensionals

8 comments:

CCsMom said...

Great card. LOVE the colors, LOVE the watercolor effect. Very nice.

Heather said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Christy - love that you embossed that big gorgeous blossom - it really sets off the water-coloring! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Jan Clothier said...

This is a lovely card and I agree with all that you say about the organic, spontaneous look of the watercolouring. I was reading along waiting to see your obsession and wasn't surprised at all, since the first thing I thought when I looked at the picture was, "She's used some more of that really pretty paper she's got!" :-) Great job and a great combination of challenges. Thanks for joining in with us again at As You See It.

sandie said...

This is a great design with all the different angles it makes it so interesting. You did a really good job of making this in under 10 mins-good idea to use the water colouring like this and making it not perfect gives it an arty look. I am so pleased you took up our challenge at Ink and fab to see you here x

Nancy said...

Great job capturing the Photo inspiration at Just Us Girls this week! Love all the layers too!

stampwithamyk said...

So very pretty! The colors work perfectly with your design. Your flower looks amazing! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Shauna said...

Great use of layers and the bold flower is really a showstopper! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Heather Cooper said...

Christy, that clear embossing powder gave a beautiful effect on the large solid line of the image, especially with the colour used with the Versamark! I love that you created this whole thing in under 10 minutes! And I agree with you in your obsession with the Tropical Escape DSP! It's one of my favourites, too! Thanks for joining us at As You See It this time!