Monday, July 16, 2018

Hotel for Dogs

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I have a simple layout for you today that I actually made last year.  I'm terribly far behind on taking pictures of the layouts I've been working on more recently because the lighting in our house is such that it's best to take the pictures in the morning.  Somehow I never think to do it until the afternoon, when I know the pictures won't turn out well, and so now I've got a good dozen layouts waiting to be photographed.  But anyway, on to today's layout!


These pictures are from when we lived in Japan; during one month we watched two different dogs for some of our friends and we have two of our own.  Since three of the dogs are black and one of them is white, I kinda had free rein to choose colors for my layout, and I ended up with the In Colors from a few years ago:  Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana, and Baked Brown Sugar.  I did like all of those colors, but if only one can ever come back I'm glad it was Coastal Cabana ;)


I made this not long after I acquired the Taffy Alphabet (still love it).  I wanted the title pieces to all be the same height, so I had to do the "g" this way instead of the standard way.  A bit unusual from a typographic standpoint, but it didn't bother me on the finished layout so I'm calling it a win.


My paw print accents were simple to make from an upside-down hear punch and four punched ovals.  Simple but so cute!


I already talked about the color palette, but there it is anyway, along with black and white for the doggos.

Hope your week is off to a good start.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Taffy Alphabet
Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Strawberry Slush, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White, DSP in Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding & Coastal Cabana
Accessories:  retired heart & oval punches

No comments: