Friday, July 20, 2018

Birthday Balloons

Happy Friday, y'all!  It's been a busy week and kiddo has been highly uncooperative with naptimes and my crafting and I had to get this card done really fast and I wish I could have taken more time on it.


I did a watercolor wash on the background and sprinkled it with salt, then dried it with my heat tool.  I don't think the salt really worked how I thought it would but it did bring out a green undertone in the Coastal Cabana ink.

I'm entering this at Inkspirational:


And I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And this week's Color Throwdown:


I used Blueberry Bushel, Coastal Cabana, and Smoky Slate for my colors.  I feel like I could have done a much better job with this color combination (and the sketch) if I'd taken longer than 20 seconds to think about it.  Oh well.

Have a great weekend y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lift Me Up
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Blueberry Bushel, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Thick Whisper White, watercolor paper
Accessories:  Up & Away Thinlits, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your watercolor background looks great! Fun card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Wanda Cullen said...

Christy, this is an awesome background and a fab birthday card! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

Jen Brum said...

What a fun card! Love that background and those hot air balloons! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Vickie Z said...

Fun card- great use of all the challenges!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!