Thursday, July 5, 2018

Octo-Squeeze

Mornin' folks!  I hope you had a safe and fun 4th of July yesterday.  We let the kid play in a sprinkler and his kiddie pool, and then we lit some small fireworks on the back deck and scared him, poor thing.  I had to pick him up sopping wet and sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider until he quit crying.  Then we fed him apple pie and everything was okay again.

So, on to today's card!


I told you I was gonna pair that sentiment with my favorite octopus!  I'm funny like that.  Next time the hubs travels out of town I'll have to sneak this into his bag before he leaves.

I'm entering this in the Under the Sea challenge at Cupcake Inspirations:


I love this sketch from Palm Trees & Pogo Sticks (formerly Clean & Simple Stamping):


And I used the color challenge from Global Design Project:


I probably would not have put those three colors together on my own, but I do like the combination.  And happily for me, the only DSP I have from the new catalog contains both Mint Macaron and Fresh Fig patterns :)  I did another order on July 1 with more paper (because sale!) but it hasn't shipped out yet so I await it impatiently.

We're off to the Y again today because I'm not sore enough from Tuesday.  I'm kidding, it was difficult to get my shirt on over my head this morning because we did chest and back flies on Tuesday and OWWW.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sea of Textures, Lemon Zest
Ink:  Groovy Guava, Mint Macaron, Fresh Fig
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Tranquil Textures DSP
Accessories:  Under the Sea Framelits, Dimensionals

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

Fun picking Ryan up after that gym exercise!!! I have to tell you that after going up and down those stairs at your place and then riding in the car for endless (seemed like) hours, my knees and hips were squawking once I got home.

Nice card and cute sentiment to go with the octopus!!! LOVE IT!

Natasha said...

Love this! That sentiment is super cute with the octopus!

Tanya said...

I love this card! The colors work great and I think it's funny too. :)
My oldest haaated fireworks til he was about 6. Even still he just tolerates it. Last night he wanted to stay home and watch a movie rather than go see the fireworks. Good luck on that one! :)

Lady Joyful said...

I love this sweet and simple card! Great use of the colours. Such a fabulous design. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Indy's Designs said...

Fabulous underwater scene! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs,
Debbie