Monday, July 2, 2018

Big Bold Beautiful Birthday Butterfly

Mornin', y'all!  Scrappy Monday will be held on Tuesday this week because I just HAD to make a card for last week's Freshly Made Sketch and I needed a birthday card.  I really missed stamping last week!  (How many times can I say "week" in one tiny paragraph?)


I did some reverse masking here to sponge the color on the butterfly, and this is my second attempt--the first time I got some Crushed Curry ink where I didn't want it so I had to redo it.  And you absolutely can't see it in the picture, but I painted over the Flirty Flamingo butterfly outline with Wink of Stella so it has a nice shimmer in real life.  And also don't those little flowers on the Flirty Flamingo strip look like they could double as leopard print in the right colors?  Hmm...

Say hello to the color challenge from As You See It:


Very bold, I like it.  Seems like I've been using a lot of Flirty Flamingo lately.

And here's a lovely bold Freshly Made Sketch to go with the colors:


Love that sketch, I really do.  And finally it's the FOUR HUNDREDTH challenge at the Paper Players!


As I said, I needed a birthday card PDQ and thus my card was created.  That challenge graphic makes me wish I had that new hostess set with the lady and the balloons :) And today is my mom's birthday, so happy birthday Mom!  (This is not YOUR birthday card, ha!)

At any rate, it's time to get the kiddo and myself ready to go to the Y today.  I take a barre class on Mondays and it's pretty fun!  But man, my legs were sore after last week's class...cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Beautiful Day
Ink:  Flirty Flamingo, Crushed Curry, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very cute! Hmmm....you've got me thinking about those "leopard spots" too...might have to experiment with that stamp image a bit! Your sponged butterfly is just delightful, too! Thanks so much for playing with the AYSI colors this week!

ElizStewart said...

Christy... absolutely love your birthday card. I can see the Wink of Stella! The design and sentiment are just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us for the 400th Paper Players challenge!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet summery butterfly! Love the colors! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is lovely! The colours you've used and the butterfly are just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Heather Cooper said...

Reverse masking is a great precaution to take when sponging an image like that butterfly! I'll have to remember that. This is a lovely design, Christy, and I especially love your background, the way it mirrors the sponging on the butterfly and then the DSP strip you created with the little flower stamp! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

This is a really lovely card, Christy. The way you've used masks and sponging, colours make the butterfly seem so light and airy. Pretty little selfmade DSP too. Thank you for joining us at both As You See It and The Paper Players 400!