Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Wonderful Origami

Hey y'all!  Here we are already at Wednesday :) And that means another swim lesson for my kiddo tonight.  Except mostly he just likes to let me tow him around in the water without actually putting forth any effort himself.  Well....if our positions were reversed, I'd probably let him do all the work too, so there's that.  Ha!

I busted out some brand new stamps yesterday.


The origami crane and the other two pink shapes are from the hostess set Artfully Folded, which has a bunch of cranes facing both directions and I love that because it's useful to have your stamped object "looking" in the direction you want.  I'm weird like that.  The sentiment is from Rooted in Nature and I've been jealous watching everyone else play with it so I'll be really diving in on that one sometime soon.  I love the fonts on the sentiments, and I'll have to play with the tree images soon.

Anywha, meet the latest CAS(E) This Sketch:


And the color combination from Just Us Girls:


I used Coastal Cabana (so happy it's back!) and Flirty Flamingo for my colors.  Since I had the sketch and colors picked out already, once I decided on stamps this card came together lickety split.  I think my crane stamp has a small flaw on the wing, because I couldn't get ink coverage no matter how hard I tried, and my attempts to fill it in with a blender pen didn't help so I pulled out some retired glitter epoxy shapes from the Occasions Catalog to cover that spot and add a little bling to the other two shapes.  They are sparkly in real life.

Hope you have a great day, kids.  It's a running day for me...after about two months at the gym, I can once again run a mile and a half like it's no big thang, so now I need to work on upping it to TWO miles.  Hey, cardiovascular health is important for running after a small child.  Kid is FAST.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Artfully Folded (hostess), Rooted in Nature
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  retired glitter epoxy shapes

2 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Lovely CAS card! Love the way you used the colors too! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the sketch!