Thursday, January 17, 2019

Figgy Pudding Valentine

Mornin' kids!  How's your week going?  I pulled out some new stamps yesterday while Ryan was napping so yay!


Although I'm not 100% happy with this card, and I wish I liked it better because I like the sketch and color challenges I used and I kinda feel like they deserve a better card.  Here's the Freshly Made Sketch:


I tend to stay away from square cards so I made mine a standard A2 size.  Here's the color challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


OH DANG I just realized I used Powder Pink instead of Petal Pink!  I wrote it down wrong before I went in my craft room.  Oops!  Well, Petal or Powder, I really like the soft pink with the strong purple and green; I'll have to remember this next time I do a baby book for a baby girl.

Next up is the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge:


Forever Lovely is a brand new stamp set in the Stampin' Up! Occasions catalog, and this is my first time inking it up.  I'll have to play with it some more.

In the meantime, have a great day, folks!  I'm off to barre class.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Forever Lovely
Ink:  Powder Pink, Fresh Fig, Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Powder Pink, Mossy Meadow, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Lovely Flowers Edgelits, Mini Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

6 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

I have no idea why you don't like this card better! The colors look perfect together and that bit of sparkle I see is fabbo! Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lady Joyful said...

Really pretty card. I love the sparkle. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Fiona said...

I think sometimes we are just too critical of our own work - I think your card is super. I love the way you've used our colours and your take on the sketch and combined the two - thanks for joining us at HSS this week

Jaimie said...

Petal Pink - Powder Pink it’s all the same 😉 and don’t be so hard on yourself. Your card is beautiful!! Love how you Stamped the hearts as a background. Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments

Jenny Engelke said...

I've done that very same thing many times before, too! Petal pink and Powder pink are so close, but I must say that I prefer powder pink just a bit better! Maybe that's why I think your card is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Stampin by Genny said...

Petal Pink, Powder Pink both are lovely and so glad you joined Hand Stamped Sentiments for our color challenge. I don't know why you don't like your card because I think its lovely with the sparkly flowers and floating hearts. It would make anyone happy to receive it for Valentine's day.