Friday, January 25, 2019

Snowy Day Snowflakes

Happy Friday!  I just realized that I'd started this post, but I never finished it and got it published.  Oops!  Guess I was having too much fun yesterday for my birthday :) It DID involve copious amounts of chocolate.

Anyway!


That bright white circle in the center of the big snowflake on the bottom is the reflection off a rhinestone.  It's been pretty gray and dreary for a good portion of the week so this is the best picture I could get.

When I saw this week's Freshly Made Sketch, I thought I'd try to make a one-layer card with it.


I figured a one-layer card would make this work for the Paper Players challenge too:


And I used the colors from Color Throwdown:


I used Night of Navy, Smoky Slate (lightly sponged on for the horizontal layer on the sketch) and Granny Apple Green.

I chose my snowflakes from Colorful Seasons so I could enter the What Will You Stamp? challenge:


Four challenges.  I think I'm done here ;)  Have a great weekend, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Colorful Seasons
Ink:  Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, Granny Apple Green
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  rhinestones

7 comments:

Lori said...

Great one layer design! The rhinestones add the perfect touch of sparkle to a wintery card. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the beautiful trail of snowflakes down your card! So pretty! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Su Mohr said...

Your beautiful snowflakes are making me smile! Happy you joined us at What Will You Stamp!

Sue Vine - MissPinksCraftSpot said...

I love your one layer card, your placement of snowflakes is perfection. Lovely to see you joining us at WWYS again

WWYS Blog said...

Wow Christy! You combined so many challenges into this card and made it look beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at WWYS Challenge Blog!

Amy O said...

Beautiful snowflakes ans such a clean and pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

This is such fun!! I love the snowflakes for the sketch. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!