Tuesday, January 22, 2019

I Love the 80s

Mornin' y'all!  I'm still not feeling well but hoping I'll be back to 100% tomorrow.  In the meantime, we've got a new challenge at SUO Challenges!  This time it's all about birthdays which is appropriate since MY birthday is on Thursday.  Since I am a child of the 80s, I decided to go with an 80s theme for my birthday card.


Black with neon colors (Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, and a banner of Mango Melody) plus a tape deck that I'm just SURE is playing the Bangles (my favorite band).  The banner is popped up in the middle with two layers of Dimensionals, I should have taken a side view so you could see.  The two stamp sets I used are Free Cake and Birthday Backgrounds, I think both of those were on sale last October for the 30th birthday celebration for Stampin' Up.


And there's the inside of my card.  My husband on occasion tries to call 80s music "oldies" and I'm like "It's not oldies, it's RETRO!"

Hope you enjoyed this blast from the past today.  Go check out the SUO Challenges blog and I hope you'll play along!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Free Cake, Birthday Backgrounds
Ink:  Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Tanya said...

haha, looks right to me! Even the backgrounds make me think of the very 80's carpet at the skating rink!
I was just discussing with my daughter that we have a local "Oldies" station and a local "Classic Rock" station and calling it Classic Rock makes people feel cooler than just "old", haha... but they play the same music. :)