Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Halloween Birthday Cat

Hey, y'all.  Well, it's official:  I have succumbed to whatever virus my kiddo and my husband have had.  I'm kinda miserable.  But I gotta keep moving forward!

My friend Sarah's daughter was born on Halloween, and Sarah *loves* Halloween. Sometimes they ask me to make birthday party invites for Leora (I'd be invited, but ever since we all left Japan, it seems like we've been living on different continents!).  So Sarah messaged me yesterday and said Leora wants something with spooky cats.  Here's my first try:


You can't tell from the picture, but the cat is embossed with Shimmer Black embossing powder (it looks really cool IRL).  I used this sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch:


And Sarah sent me a picture of what Leora's cake is going to look like:


I may do some tweaks or go in a different direction depending on what the birthday girl wants (she was already asleep by the time I made my first mock-up for her).  Hopefully I can kick this virus quickly so my creative mojo comes back!

Cheers, y'all.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Wonderfully Wicked, Itty Bitty Birthdays, Birthday Backgrounds
Ink:  Versamark, Granny Apple Green, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Shimmer Black EP, Stitched Shapes dies, Dimensionals, black crocheted trim (retired), Word Window punch (also retired)

No comments: