Friday, August 23, 2019

Stardust

Hey kids, who else is glad it's Friday today?  I'm going to finish out the week strong by sharing a card that fits in four different challenges.  So here it is:


I, uh, more or less permanently "borrowed" the long-retired stamp set Stardust from my mom some years ago, but I think this is the first time I've inked it up.  (She can have it back along with the other two stamp sets I liberated from her collection if she wants them, but she hasn't done any paper-crafting in several years so I don't think I need to worry about sending these back any time soon.)  I was inspired to dust off this set (seriously, the stamps--still on wood blocks--say 2004 on them!) due to the Global Design Project theme challenge:


In related news, my happy fox card was one of the winners for last week's challenge, wahoo!   Anyway, I do have some current SU! stamps that feature the celestial objects making up this week's theme, but I was just feelin' retro so I went with it.  The Color Throwdown this week seemed like an appropriate match:


I used Highland Heather, Pacific Point, Coastal Cabana, and Daffodil Delight for my colors.  And I used the sketch from Inspire. Create.:


Classic sketch, I love it.  And finally, the Retro Rubber Challenge is anything goes:


I honestly don't know how long I've had Stardust in my collection, so let's say it's more than five years (I'm pretty sure that is the case), and Background Basics (the background stars) is over 10 years old in my collection, so lots of senior rubber on this card.

Well, y'all have a great weekend.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Stardust, Background Basics
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Daffodil Delight, Highland Heather, Coastal Cabana, Pacific Point
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Highland Heather, watercolor paper
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

5 comments:

Cat Craig said...

What fabulous use of the CTD colors. They seem meant for your creation.

LeAnne said...

I LOVE this image and you've done a fabulous job with it! Perfect use of those colors and how fabulous that they're vintage enough for our Retro Rubber challenge! Beautiful!

Lori said...

These colors are perfect for your celestial design! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

papercraft.writer said...

I loooove using the Background Basics stars stamp! You’ve used it to great effect here!

Unknown said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! I was thinking, "I REALLY like that stamp!" No wonder -- it was MINE. So funny. I am back looking at your blog. Haven't since I left work . . . which is a shame. LOVE YOU!!!