Friday, August 30, 2019

Get Well, Pumpkin

Hey y'all!  Happy Friday...even happier because it's a long weekend :)  And I always think of Labor Day as the last hurrah of summer/first hint of fall, so today I've got a fall-inspired card to share.


Of course it doesn't show up in the picture, but I painted the pumpkins on the main image panel with Wink of Stella so they sparkle.  Also, since I wanted to pop up the sentiment strip on Dimensionals, I layered the DSP on some white cardstock so it would be a bit more sturdy.  The sentiment and the teal pumpkin are both popped up.

Let's have a big hooray for Freshly Made Sketches' 400th sketch:


I really liked this sketch, it was really more of a question of narrowing down all the ideas in my head to just one card.  In the end, I couldn't resist using that beautiful Come to Gather DSP.  I'm going to be mixing up the names of the DSP and the stamp set and the dies because they all have "gather" in the name.  I think I'll have to get at least one extra pack of the paper before it retires, too.  It's SO pretty!

That's it for this week, folks.  Have a great weekend!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Gather Together
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Pretty Peacock, Early Espresso
Paper:  Pretty Peacock, Early Espresso, Thick Whisper White, Come to Gather DSP
Accessories:  Gathered Leaves dies, Stitched Shapes dies, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Tanya said...

This is such a fabulous card! It's like all my favorite autumny things in one little rectangle! I bought it but I haven't cut into that paper yet...! :)

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great color combo for a fall-inspired card. I love that it has a bit of a sepia tone to go along with the colorful images. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Perfect colour combination for a fall card. I love your choice black background behind your pumpkins - it really makes them pop. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!