Thursday, August 15, 2019

Hydrangeas for a Friend

Hey kids!  How's your day going?  I managed to injure my left wrist yesterday and you'll never believe how--I was swatting a mosquito!  I mean, that's pretty silly, and yet here I sit, typing with a wrist brace on.

At least I'm right-handed so it didn't stop me from stamping!


If you don't have it yet, run and buy Beautiful Friendship right now!  I love this stamp set, it's so pretty.  This is a real KISS card--Keep It Simple, Stamper ;)  I stamped the flowers, added in a few leaves and some yellow sprigs, and then added a bit of sponging--Balmy Blue to fill in the flowers a little, and So Saffron around the outside to give the little bouquet a warm glow.  The sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy, even though it looks black in the picture.  Then a bit of linen thread, some sequins, and boom!  DONE.

Love this retro sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


Just for funsies, I looked up the card I made with this sketch the first time around and you can see it here :)

This time around, I paired the sketch with the Color Throwdown palette of the week and planned the card out in my head while I was at the gym yesterday.


I used Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Balmy Blue, and Crumb Cake for my colors.  Rather a springy palette in my opinion, but so pretty.

That's it for now, peeps.  Have a great Thursday!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Beautiful Friendship
Ink:  Balmy Blue, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Night of Navy
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  linen thread, Iridescent Sequin Assortment, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Love those hydrangeas... perfect for these colors! Great design! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Amy O said...

Beautiful colors and a pretty bouquet! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

This is really beautiful, indeed! What a gorgeous combination of images. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!