Thursday, August 22, 2019

Hawaiian Thanks

Hey y'all!  Do you ever have days when you sit down to stamp and you just don't know what to do?  I had that stamper's paralysis for a while yesterday.  Then I started one card, but after smearing some ink on the main image, I decided it needs to sit overnight before I watercolor, so that card will be on here tomorrow.  Then I had to start on another card, and eventually this is what I came up with:


Tropical Chic to the rescue!  I love that stamp set :)  I used two sets of dies, but not the one that's actually made to coordinate with this stamp set, go figure.  I was inspired to go tropical by the color challenge from Fab Friday:


The blue on my card looks much darker than it really is; I promise it's Blueberry Bushel rather than Night of Navy.  I was going to just do the white oval for the sentiment, but I decided I needed a little more of the blue on the card because it looked unbalanced to me, so I picked out one of the Ornate Frames dies to set off the oval.  I use the Stitched Shapes dies so often that they just live on the desktop next to my Big Shot.

Here's the retro 300th sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


I actually did pretty well about following the sketch exactly this time ;)  I looked back through the archives and I did a mermaid card with this sketch the first time around. 

Have a great day, y'all.  I'm off to stitch at the Y today...Thursdays I don't work out, I either read for two hours or bring a stitching project while someone else watches Ryan.  Gotta get some "me time" on the regular!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Tropical Chic
Ink:  Petal Pink, Grapefruit Grove, Call Me Clover, Blueberry Bushel
Paper:  Petal Pink, Grapefruit Grove, Call Me Clover, Blueberry Bushel, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, Ornate Frames dies, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Heather said...

Love this, Christy - brilliant idea for our colors! I wish I used this set more - I love what you've done to make the shapes pop so much - such a cool effect! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Stamp With Amy K said...

What a pretty card! The colors are perfect with your design, great layout too! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card! I just love that colour combination and Tropical Chic is one of my favourite sets! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the way you added a bit more detail to the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Pretty colors, pretty papers....nice design! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Amanda Mertz said...

Love Tropical Chic in our challenge colors! The sponging on the stamped panels is a cool idea and really softens the brighter colors! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!