Monday, December 5, 2022

Ryan's First Trip to Texas

Scrappy Monday!  I was just looking through all my draft posts and I have a LOT of Christmas pages to share--some of our photos from Christmas past, and quite a few Christmas card color blocks.  I take all the photo cards we get each year, pick a Christmas DSP, and do color block layouts to go in my scrapbooks like this one.  I've got the cards in stacks for both 2020 and 2021, I hope to do those color block layouts this week.  And soon I'll start collecting cards for this year's color block!

Anywha, for today's layouts we're going back to Ryan's first trip to Texas, which was in early December 2017 when he was 10 months old.  We went to visit both sets of parents early in the month and then spent Christmas itself at our house; I don't like going anywhere else for Christmas.  Now of course I want to be at home so Santa can visit Ryan.

So, pages!


That top left picture is ME when I was about the same age as Ryan was in the picture on the right.  Funny enough, the end table is the same in both pictures.  For the right page, that selfie my mom took with Ryan cracks me up because he looks like he is just so DONE with it all.


Second layout and man, I loved the two patterns I used on these pages.  I only have small scraps left of the Christmas light pattern that I used as a photo mat.  Don't think I have much left of the hexagon pattern either.


Today's color palette:  Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, and Whisper White.  I took it straight from the patterned papers I used.

As soon as I finish breakfast, Ryan and I are going to start making cookie dough.  I'm making some cookies for the hubs to take into work and we give some to a few local friends.  Then I've got to address all the Christmas cards...cheers!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Making Christmas Bright, Signs of Santa, Texas from Deadbeat Designs
Ink:  Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Smoky Slate, Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz, Hello Honey, Versamark
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler, Thick Whisper White, Season of Cheer DSP
Accessories:  clear EP

No comments: