Thursday, December 15, 2022

In a Pear Treeeeee

Mornin', y'all!  I've been kinda squandering my time this morning (got distracted reading something stupid on Facebook) so now I need to make up for it and go get some things done.  But first, a card to share!


I have embraced using my retired stamps and accessories more this year.  I mean, I have a massive stamp collection, so why not use it?


Inside of my card. Partridge & Pears was the perfect stamp set for the current Festive Friday challenge:


From the inspo list, I used a partridge, pears, a square, Christmas, gold, red, and heat embossing.  Seven out of ten ain't bad!  For something different, I stamped the main image in Evening Evergreen ink on Soft Sea Foam cardstock, then colored with Blends but kept the colors more muted.  Heat embossed the sentiment, added a few sequins, and done!

Got some laundry in the washer and now it's time to run some errands.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Partridge & Pears
Ink:  Evening Evergreen, Soft Sea Foam, Versamark, Stampin' Blends in Soft Sea Foam, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Gray Granite, Calypso Coral, Ivory
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Soft Sea Foam, Evening Evergreen, Painted Christmas DSP
Accessories:  Squares Collection Framelits, Ornate Frames dies, gold EP, Seasonal Sequins, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wonderful card, I love how you used the soft green background for the image, it looks great with the gold accents. Thanks for sharing with us at Festive Friday!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Beautiful card. Love the image and how you colored it. THank you for stamping along with the Festive Friday Challenge!

Jaydee said...

Christy, I love your partridge in her pear tree. The touches of gold embossing are fabulous and thank you for the ear worm :-). So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week and look forward to seeing you again in 2023.
Hugs
Jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is one of my favourite retired stamps Christie - I almost used it for this challenge too!! So pleased you embraced the retired shelf - Thanks for sharing with us over at Festive Friday! Wishing you and yours a wonderful festive holiday.