Sunday, December 11, 2022

Merry Little Christmas with the Paper Players

Happy Sunday, y'all!  It's time for a new challenge from the Paper Players, the last one for this year:


This festive color challenge is from Ann.  I must confess I'm a bit sad as this is my last challenge as a guest designer for 2022.  I know I'll be playing along with next year's Paper Players challenges as often as I can.  Anyway, here's my card for today:


I was hunting through my stuff for some gold ribbon that I *know* I bought last year when I found those gold snowflake doilies so I thought I'd use that since the ribbon was MIA (I found it several days after I made this card).  I think it's safe to say that this merry little Christmas stamp is my favorite from Framed & Festive.  I embossed it in gold on some Very Vanilla cardstock, added some holly and berries in the other challenge colors, and put it all on that awesome plaid pattern that I just love that we have in every single color.

Hope you'll have time to play along with the challenge this week, and upload your card at the Paper Players blog.  And to the permanent Paper Players team, thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to be a guest designer this year.  I had a ball doing it and as I said, I will absolutely be playing along as often as possible next year!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Framed & Festive, Christmas Season
Ink:  Versamark, Evening Evergreen, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Evening Evergreen, Thick Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Seasonal Labels dies, gold EP, gold snowflake doily, Dimensionals

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )

8 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, love the plaid on this one too! And that is a great sentiment! I'm with you too-it's been a fun chance to be a guest designer with these talented women! Have a great holiday season!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I love the plaid background and the beautiful gold snowflake doily! Love the holly on top of the sentiment, too! It has been a pleasure to work with you the past six months at The Paper Players. It was great to get to know you and I hope you will play along with us in the New Year! Merry Christmas to you!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely beautiful, Christy! You did an amazing job with the challenge colors. A gold snowflake! A wonderful sentiment! And PLAID! Your card is definitely checking off all of my boxes. I will miss having you on the Design Team. I have always been mesmerized by your pirate hair avatar, and I am so glad I got to know you better. May you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. I look forward to seeing you in the gallery next year. Hugs...

lichazul said...

Beautiful card 🤩💐👏👏👏
Happy day

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love your card this week Christy - I'm with you on the sentiment and your card reminded me I have some of those gold diecut snowflakes somewhere (if only I could find them - they are probably hiding with your ribbon!) Thank you so much for your creative contributions as you've guested with us this year - we will miss you! I have loved visiting your blog more regularly and learning more about you. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and New Year - do keep in touch!

Jaydee said...

Christy, I love the plaid - especially with that gorgeous gold snowflake! Another fabulous card. thank you for being such a great guest designer. It has been a privilege having you on the team this year. Merry Christmas and all best wishes for the New Year
hugs
jaydee

LeAnne said...

What a beautiful card using the challenge colors, Christy! Very festive and seasonal for sure! I've enjoyed crafting with you and look forward to having you play along in 2023!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty Christy! The plaid pattern is so perfect for a holiday card and I love the embossed detail. Thank yo so much for all of your hard work and creative inspiration shared with us over at The Paper Players. We will miss you so much but am so happy we will get to see your beautiful work in the gallery!