Sunday, December 4, 2022

The Paper Players Visit the Man In Red

Happy Sunday, y'all!  The first Sunday in December...are you getting in the holiday spirit?  We've been listening to Christmas music and decorating the house, and yesterday we went to the Christmas market in Heidelberg which was fun (even if it was freezing outside).

The new Paper Players challenge is super festive too!


Our challenge comes courtesy of LeAnne this week!  I'm sure the gallery will be super cute and fun this week.  Here's what I made:


I broke out an old stamp set that somehow I had never used before!  So Santa was from four years ago (I had to dive back through quite a few old catalogs before I found it).  I think I bought it at the tail end of the holiday catalog that year and didn't ever use it, so it was past time for Santa to make his debut!  I've got Christmas cookies on the brain, I think Ryan and I will be making cookies tomorrow.

December gets super crazy so I hope you can still carve out some crafting time!  Upload your Santa-riffic card at the Paper Players blog.  Don't forget to take some time to rest, relax, and breathe through all the craziness (reminding myself here too).  And maybe have a couple of cookies, because cookies make everything better ; )  I'm going to help decorate the tree, and then play with my early Christmas present from the hubs--Rosetta Stone.  I have to work on my French because we're moving to Belgium next summer!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  So Santa
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Stampin' Blends in Real Red, Shaded Spruce, Cinnamon Cider
Paper:  Real Red, Thick Basic White, Shaded Spruce DSP, Gingerbread & Peppermint DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies, red rhinestone, Dimensionals

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )

10 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, this is too cute! And now I need to get going on my cookies! How cool you're learning French and moving to Belgium! Good luck! Have a great week!

LeAnne said...

I love your little chef Santa! He's sure to be baking up some fun! Love your background too...YUMMY!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I love this Santa with all his freshly baked cookies! The sentiment is just perfect, too! Have a great week!

Judy1223 said...

Christy, this is adorable!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Christy! I remember this adorable little Santa. He is so cute with his plate of cookies in one hand, and a spatula and spoon in the other. Great paper choices! What a perfect card to place on a gift of baked goods for the neighbors!

Jaydee said...

Your Santa chef is super cute and I adore that gingerbread DSP. Such a fun card
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Adorable Christy - and what a fabulous mix of perfectly coordinated background papers too! I can't wait to bake my festive gingerbread now - your card definitely has me in the mood. Good luck with the French learning - the move sounds like fun!

Cindy Beach said...

Christy, this Santa is the cutest! Seeing as he comes with a plate of cookies, darling patterned paper and an urging to enjoy a couple cookies, makes him a favorite in my book!
I'm so proud of you for working to brush up on your French. Belgium, how exciting! I think we'd have fun sharing travel stories.

laurie said...

What a fun card and a cute santa!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is such a happy card, Christy! Chef Santa and the gingerbread accents are perfectly paired. Hope your Christmas cookies were delicious!