Friday, December 16, 2022

Going for Gold

Hey y'all, happy Friday!  Hope you've had a good week.  This is Ryan's last day at school before winter break, so who knows how much stamping I'll get to do from now until after the start of the new year.  Guess we'll see.

New card today!


I had to dig out Poinsettia Petals that retired last year because I thought it would work nicely with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


I used gold (of course), Petal Pink, and the retired Soft Sky for my colors.  I even used three types of gold:  gold embossing powder on the poinsettias and sentiment, gold foil paper for the sprigs, and gold pearls as accents.  After I stuck everything down I kinda wished I had done something to the card front, it looked too plain, but no way was I remaking it (I didn't have time) so I just used a blending brush to add a bit of Soft Sky ink around the card front, which I don't think helped the situation.  Oh well.

Have a great weekend, y'all.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Poinsettia Petals, Sweet Candy Canes
Ink:  Versamark, Soft Sky
Paper:  Soft Sky, Petal Pink, Thick Basic White, gold foil
Accessories:  Poinsettia dies, Ornate Frames dies, gold EP, Festive Pearls, Mini Dimensionals

4 comments:

Tanya said...

It's really pretty! I like your use of the colors!
And lucky you :) we have school til next Wednesday!

Broni said...

So beautiful, Christy! Lovely combination of the challenges!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week! Merry Christmas!

Lesley's Stampin Trix said...

Gorgeous card, that touch of gold it fantastic!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Just gorgeous! I love your card with those fabulous colours and images. Thanks for joining use at FMS this week!