Friday, December 9, 2022

Candy Cane Christmas

Hey y'all, happy Friday!  When Ryan gets off the bus today, I'm going to take him for a meet 'n greet with Santa Claus, even though I *swore* last year that I'd never do it again.  We were in line for over 3 hours last year but this time I plan to show up right when the event starts, so we'll see how it goes.  Wish me luck retaining my sanity.

Anyway, I have a card to share today.



Sorry the photo is a bit dark, it's the best I could do with the nonstop clouds here.  I used the sketch from Inspire. Create.:


And the color combo from Cupcake Inspirations:


I used Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, and Real Red.  As soon as I saw this, I thought of the Candy Cane Lane that Stampin' Up! released a while back, because it has exactly those colors.  Some of the other patterns also have gingerbread men on them, but I really liked the one with the candy canes and gumdrops.  Bonus, the stripes are the pattern on the reverse side of the candy canes.  I ended up with a bit of empty space at the bottom of the sentiment circle, so I added the glimmer paper bow punched with the Christmas Scottie punch...and then it needed a little more sparkle so red rhinestones on the Early Espresso banners.  It's bright and fun IRL, I promise.

I need to get going and run some errands this morning.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Framed & Festive
Ink:  Real Red
Paper:  Real Red, Early Espresso, Thick Basic White, Candy Cane Lane DSP, red glimmer paper
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Scottie dog punch, Dimensionals, red rhinestones

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Nicely done, I like the paper, and I think I might still have some too. I like the sketch layout nice! Thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Have a great day!

Leanne DT Member/CIC
Cupcake Inspirations

LeAnne said...

This is a fabulous way to use this sketch...I love it all! And the cupcake colors work well too! Yum!