Monday, March 1, 2021

Disney Cruise: Splish Splash!

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  The hubs took Ryan for most of the day yesterday so I got to spend time in my craft room, YESSSSS!!!!  I really need that time with paper and ink to maintain my mental and emotional balance and I haven't been getting it much lately.  So I tried to use my time wisely yesterday and I made nine cards and finished up the two layouts that have been sitting on my table for weeks.  My favorite author has a new book coming out this month, so last week I started rereading some earlier books in the series and it makes me so happy to spend time with those characters again.  So all in all, I am starting this week off feeling pretty dang good!  I just finished my workout today too and in a bit I'll be eating the last piece of yesterday's coffee cake :)

So, today's layout!  Still doing Disney cruise pictures and this layout is happy too:


The page base is Pineapple Punch, a.k.a. the happiest shade of yellow EVER, it's even brighter in real life than it shows in the picture.  When we went on this cruise, Ryan had just turned two and wasn't potty trained yet, so he wasn't allowed in any of the pools even with a swim diaper on.  They had a small splash pad area with water jets and he LOVED it.  Like, this day we spent over two hours there and he still didn't want to leave when it was time to go back to our cabin for a rest.

Initially I stamped the page title in Balmy Blue with a few letters in Night of Navy, but when I put the whole layout together I decided that the title just needed a bit more oomph.  I stamped one S in red and fussy cut it, then just glued it on top of what I had already stamped.  I don't know why but my brain insisted I needed a bit more red up there.


Today's color palette is your basic Superman triadic color scheme with the addition of a bit of green.  Pineapple Punch for the page base, Night of Navy, Call Me Clover, Real Red, Balmy Blue, and Whisper White to round out the palette.

Hope your week is off to a good start too, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Taffy Alphabet
Ink:  Balmy Blue, Night of Navy, Real Red
Paper:  Pineapple Punch, Call Me Clover, Real Red, Thick Whisper White, Happiness Blooms DSP
Accessories:  Mickey punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Layering Circles dies

No comments: