Tuesday, March 16, 2021

SUO Challenges: Hey Sweet Thing

Good mornin' y'all!  Man, I was so tired last night that I had a dream that I was super, super tired and I had to do grocery shopping so I just laid down on the ground in front of the store to take a nap first and then my husband came to find me in my dream and he was like "It's one o'clock in the morning, what are you doing?!"  I mean, you know you're tired when you dream about being super tired, right?  Haha!

Anyway, there's a good reason to be awake, alive, alert, and enthusiastic today--a new challenge from SUO Challenges!





It's a theme today--anything to do with food or drink!  I actually had trouble narrowing down what stamps I wanted to use, even once I made the executive decision to use something I hadn't inked up yet--which meant either Sweet Ice Cream or Sweet Strawberry.  In the end, I chose...

Sweet Strawberry!  I never inked up the coordinating berry set from Sale-a-Bration either but this strawberry was calling my name.  I stamped the strawberry, leaf, and bitty flowers, and used the coordinating Strawberry Builder Punch to punch them all out.  Gotta love super fast and easy, right?  Actually I didn't originally plan to add the flowers to the top and bottom of the card, but I got a smudge of ink on the top of my patterned paper panel and I used a flower to cover it up.   : ) The large panel is from my lovely Butterfly Bijou DSP, and the thin strip is from the Flowering Cactus DSP stack.  Nothing to stop you from mixing and matching papers from different packs!  This card was inspired by a sketch from a few weeks back on Freshly Made Sketches, so it came together super fast.  Now I just need to ink up the ice cream and berry stamps...and I'm off work until Friday so this could be a pretty sweet week! ;)

Don't forget to upload your yummy card creation on the SUO Challenges blog.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sweet Strawberry
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, So Saffron
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Thick Basic White, Butterfly Bijou DSP stack, Flowering Cactus DSP stack
Accessories:  Strawberry builder punch, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

2 comments:

Renee Daley at StampKnowHow.com said...

Those sweet little flowers are the perfect embellishment for your cute strawberry card. So fun!

CraftyHunnypots said...

Lovely card Christy I absolutely love the way you mixed the papers up looks great and I do love strawberries x Natalie Arnold