Friday, March 19, 2021

Hydrangea Happiness

Hey y'all!  Yesterday I managed to spend a good chunk of the day in my craft room, which is always nice.  Mostly I'm working on a series of scrapbook layouts from a trip to Texas and Oklahoma in 2019, but I did take the time to make a card too.

I love hydrangeas--they were the main flower in my wedding bouquet--so of course I was tickled to see the Hydrangea Hill suite in the Occasions catalog.  This is the first time I've gotten to play with it but how GORGEOUS is that paper?!  And marvel with me, friends--if you look closely you can kinda see the Wink of Stella I put on the stamped flower on the left of the sentiment strip.

How about a couple challenges?  First up is Inspire.Create:


Yeah, I can do anything goes :)  The Paper Players color challenge was taken straight from the Hydrangea Hill DSP, which was part of why I chose this suite to play with for today's card:


And I liked both of the sketches from Sunday Stamps:

I chose the sketch on the right but I do like both of them.  Technically my sentiment strip should have been a leetle bit longer to exactly match the sketch but I cut it too close.  Oh well.

I still have a rather large stack o' stamps that I haven't gotten to play with yet--I did a pretty big order during Sale-a-Bration and then didn't get to play with any of it because Ryan seems to think he requires constant entertainment *insert eyeroll here* It's so NICE having him in daycare every day, whether I'm at work or working on projects at home.  Getting to play with paper and ink again has definitely had a positive impact on my mental health.

Anyway, hope y'all have a great Friday!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hydrangea Haven
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Highland Heather, Old Olive
Paper:  Seaside Spray, Old Olive, Thick Basic White, Hydrangea Hill DSP
Accessories:  Hydrangea dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, Christy - gorgeous! I didn't get this suite, but this card is making me rethink that! Perfect way to show off this gorgeous DSP! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

Arrr, I meant, thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps! What a goob!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Beautiful Christy - this paper is indeed perfect for my challenge this week! I love the layout you chose - the panels are a great way to add interest to the pattern. So glad you found some crafty time - so important! Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at the Paper Players this week!

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty! Love the designer paper that you used, such pretty colors! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!