Thursday, December 23, 2021

Stamping with Ryan

Mornin' y'all!  I've got a little bit of time before I'm due to leave for work today, so I thought I'd share a couple of cards that Ryan (4 years old) made for his cousins around the beginning of November.  Here are his creations:


Even though it was after Halloween, he insisted on using the ghost and Halloween greeting for the first card.  Ryan did all the stamping and die cutting, though I helped line up the dies before he cranked 'em through the Big Shot.  He chose the DSP scraps and I adhered them on the card fronts, and then he stuck on the other pieces (I just made sure they didn't overlap the card edges so we could still get them in envelopes when he finished).  Ryan also colored the dog in and somehow ended up with Camouflage Canine, haha!  I think he asked me to color in the dog's collar but he did all the rest.  Once he finished making the cards, he dictated messages for me to write to his cousins.

Ryan does like doing arts & crafts stuff; we have a tub of construction paper, pompoms, markers, and glitter glue that we play with, and if he sees me go in my craft room he always wants to "help".  Right now I have to supervise pretty closely (um, he put a 6-inch scratch on our dining room table with a pair of scissors when I went to the bathroom once) but it's still fun to see how his brain works when he creates things.

Have a great day, peeps!

No comments: