Thursday, December 16, 2021

You Get a Gold Star

Hey kids!  The hubs "surprised" me the other day by scheduling me for my Covid booster shot, so that's happening this afternoon :p  Here's hoping I don't feel as bad as I did with both of the other shots!

Quick and simple card for today.


I started with the Paper Players color challenge:


I keep forgetting that I bought the gold ribbon in the Blackberry Beauty suit, I could have used it for this challenge!  Oh well, maybe next time.

This week's Freshly Made Sketch is similar to the Global Design Project sketch I used yesterday:

Funny how that worked out!  I used the star as the pink circle in the sketch, and stamped the splatter from Gorgeous Leaves twice on the background for the other two circles.  I stamped them in Versamark and clear embossed so they would be shiny like the star but not be too dark on the Merry Merlot cardstock.  I really don't use Merry Merlot very often...

Cheers, y'all.  Wish me luck with my shot today!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Gorgeous Leaves, Frosted Gingerbread
Ink:  Versamark, Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Shaded Spruce, Merry Merlot, Thick Very Vanilla, Gold Foil
Accessories:  Gingerbread dies, clear EP, Dimensionals

5 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Oh, what a fun way to use the FMS! The embossing and gold star are gorgeous together! I enjoyed creating with this sketch too. Merry Christmas!

LeAnne said...

This is perfect for both challenges! I love CAS and this would be great for multiple Christmas cards! Thanks for playing with my colors at the Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the bold use of colour on your card Christy - it allows your beautiful diecut star to really shine! I hope the booster was ok - I had mine today too. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week - Merry Christmas!

Judy Rozema said...

I love the colors and that gorgeous star! So glad you joined us at FMS!

Karren said...

Beautiful card! The splatter is such a fun look! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.