Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Deceptively Simple

Hey y'all!  Do you ever sit down to create something and it feels like your brain and/or your project just won't cooperate?  Yeah that was me yesterday.  I think it's worse when I know I have a finite amount of time to spend in my craft room and then panic because I'm "wasting" time trying to figure out what I'm doing.  So here's the card that took me two hours *rolls eyes*


I had a couple of challenges in mind and then I just couldn't figure out how to make them work for me but I think I got there in the end?  First up is the Inspired By Warm Winter challenge:


I just got a new (non-SU...shhhh!) stamp set with all kinds of supercute mugs and I couldn't wrap my brain around using that set (that SHOULD have been perfect with this inspo pic!) so I ended up with Nothing's Better Than from SU.  I think what was throwing my brain for a loop is the all-neutrals aspect of the inspiration picture, I just could NOT make it work in my head until I finally said FINE and used some Misty Moonlight.

Check out the Global Design Project sketch:

Once I finally got the colors and DSP sorted, this sketch made the card come together really fast.  Ya know, after I agonized over it for a while first :p  I bought a Starbucks mug to send to someone so this card is going in the package with the mug.  But man, was it a struggle to get it done...

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Nothing's Better Than, Biggest Wish
Ink:  Misty Moonlight
Paper:  Early Espresso, Thick Basic Vanilla, In Good Taste DSP
Accessories:  Love You More Than dies, Rectangles Stitched dies, Dimensionals

1 comment:

I Card Everyone said...

Christy, I know neutrals aren't everyone's cup of cocoa, but you persevered to make it your own! And succeeded, I might add!
Thanks so much for playing cards with Inspired By again - come again soon!
=]