Happy Friday, y'all! Me and the boys are going to see the new Spider-Man movie today so I am planning to play the last one on my phone while I'm in my craft room just as a refresher before we see the new one. Should be a fun time!
So, here's my card for today:
The copper embossing powder wasn't showing up quite as well in the photo as it does in real life, so I took another picture:
And I was inspired to make this by the Just Us Girls challenge:
Here is Elizabeth's card that I chose to CASE:
Now, I don't have that really awesome die that she used for her inlaid background (actually I bought it right after I finished this blog post, so I WILL have it), but I do have a variety of peacock stamps. Obviously my card isn't super close to hers, but I kept the peacock theme and proud greeting, and I used my Golden Glow shimmer pen to add some yellow like the greeting on Elizabeth's card. I was actually looking for a different patterned paper that reminds me of peacock feathers, but I happened across the Brightly Gleaming DSP and my brain went OOH SHINY so here we are. Plus I had never cut into any of that DSP so it was definitely time to use some of it up.
I also used the latest sketch from Sunday Stamps:
I changed it to an A2 card to accommodate my peacock image, but I liked that this sketch lined up so well with Elizabeth's card with the main action on the left. And then I added my giant sentiment on the right but what can you do. The DSP has copper foil, so I used copper paper for the layer under my peacock and copper EP for the greeting. Then I couldn't resist adding the ribbon even though it's got gold in it because OOH SHINY and let's just add a bit more so how about some sequins.
My mom loves peacocks (and hummingbirds and hippos, how's that for a trio? Now I'm imagining a peacock standing on a hippo and a hummingbird on top of the peacock and my brain is a weird place) so this will likely go to her. She has two peacock cross stitch pieces made by yours truly hung up in her house and at Christmas she likes to put peacock feather decorations on her tree.
Daphne is kinda low-key staring at me so I'm going to take her for her walk before it gets too hot. Cheers, y'all!
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Royal Peacock
Ink: Night of Navy, Pretty Peacock, Versamark
Paper: Night of Navy, Basic White, Brightly Gleaming DSP, Copper Foil
Accessories: Royal Peacock dies, Nested Essentials dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Clear EP, Copper EP, Pretty Peacock ribbon, Pretty Peacock sequins, Dimensionals, Golden Glow shimmer pen



No comments:
Post a Comment